Monday, November 25, 2013

Writer's block. Delving into my new novel by Donna Renee.

All that glitters is not gold...
ok, I'll settle for copper. It's worth just as much.

"So here I am, sitting at my computer and looking at my empty pages. I am com-pulsed to write yet where to begin? UGH"

This is my journey........


So you saw my first blog. You did, didn't you?   Ahhh, well yes, I wrote my first blog.  Yes, I did it and figured it out all by myself.  I'm pleased with myself.  And if any of you are thinking of starting a blog - I believe it to be much like a diary, I recommend you start with Google.  Or some kind of blogger etiquette page. 

This Blog: in my case, my journey, is about my life as a writer.  Aspiring, anyway.  And this very blog, "BLOG," there's a funny word, is my very journal.  Perhaps it is my sanity, my Hare Krishna if you will.  Ok - maybe just my vice to get away from my writer's block.  None the less, my journey to the end of a long battle - my first novel.
..................
November 2013
Oh my gosh!  Has it been a year already?  I've come so far and yet I feel no more forward than I was back only a year ago.  Yup, it's been a year. Blahhhh!  I have written a whole 4 chapters this year.  I suck.  No seriously, I really neglected my novel completely.  Well, I do have children, in sports, I might add but yes, I really sat on my book and didn't do crap with it.  I'm ashamed.

On the up side, I worked diligently on my jewelry (I have my own jewelry line) and it was a fruitfull season at that!  Sold earrings to some Hollywood stars, got an article in a prominent magazine and even found my design (unbenounced to me) on television.  OOOOO, I did have fun this summer.

Oh yea, I got married too.  he he


So I neglected my writing.  But since, I've opted to post a moment or two on my blog about my utter neglect to the field of authorship, I thought I might give you some insite into what makes me tick when writing and perhaps, in the process, enlighten myself as to why I keep dropping the pen for the popular sofa.
So here I am, back straight, keyboard at the perfect distance, monitor angled and curser blinking... blink... blink... blink...
Do you know what a blank screen looks like?  It's white in all it's perfectly cleanness.  It has no preconceived ideas, it waits patiently without anxiety, without fervor.  It is forgiving, as whatever I attempt to put on it, can easily, with one stroke of a key, be deleted.  Ahhh, the wonderful delete key... I might add, is as well my enemy as my friend.  Think on that, my friends...

So, at my parent's and husbands egging, I sit here, hoping for that perfect idea, reining thought that will propel me into my next chapter.  And yet, here I sit, typing my blog for gripes sake! Blogging!  Well, at least something is on the paper.  And if you are reading it, you have found me and my thoughts had some sort of meaning.

I promise to make the next thought, a more intriguing and eventful blog.  WHAT?!  That's it?
I know, I know.  My writing is so enticing that you must read on.  Dear friends, I will write again, before the next year is up.  Perhaps tomorrow, or next week...

OK

At least before another year passes us by.  I think...

 Follow me at:  YES ME  

No comments:

Post a Comment